Former Ancestry.com Executive Brings Extensive IPO and M&A Experience to Support the Company’s High Growth
CAMPBELL, Calif. – February 28, 2013 - YouSendIt, Inc., a leading cloud file collaboration service, today announced the appointment of Ned Sizer as chief financial officer. Sizer’s success leading IPOs, mergers and acquisitions at global technology and cloud-based companies including Ancestry.com, Silver Spring Networks, Omniture and Macromedia (acquired by Adobe) will allow YouSendIt to continue its rapid growth trajectory. His addition is the latest in a string of new management hires made by recently appointed CEO, Brad Garlinghouse.
“It’s no secret that I strongly believe that culture has a significant impact on the success of a company. The executive management team is a reflection of where the company’s headed, not where it has been,” said Brad Garlinghouse, YouSendIt CEO. “We are gaining momentum and growing steadily with more than 40 million registered users and $57 million in revenue last year. Ned’s financial background and vast experience executing successful IPOs and acquisitions makes him the perfect fit for YouSendIt.”
“YouSendIt is clearly growing and is a company on the rise, it added nearly 10 million registered users in the past six months alone,” said Ned Sizer, YouSendIt chief financial officer. “The fundamentals for this business are tremendous and I’m looking forward to helping the company continue to scale both internationally and domestically with this exceptional leadership team.”
In an effort to continue to grow and scale YouSendIt in an increasingly competitive space, Garlinghouse has overhauled the YouSendIt management team in recent months. Joining YouSendIt “veteran” Bobby Jaffari, vice president sales, is a new team of tech industry leaders with a wide range of consumer and enterprise expertise, and of course, all have that little extra something to add to the company culture:
- Eric van Miltenburg was brought on as senior vice president of international, business and corporate development. Eric brings years of experience and established industry relationships to YouSendIt. Some of his most notable work was done while at Yahoo where he spearheaded one of the company’s largest partnership initiatives to date, the newspaper consortium that boasted nearly 900 total newspapers as members. Eric’s team championed and was responsible for YouSendIt’s “cloud-nostic” approach to the market with the acquisition of Found in January. Found is a technology solution that enables customers to access data across cloud services and devices, regardless of platform.
- Kiersten Hollars was hired to lead YouSendIt’s Corporate Communications efforts. Hollars comes from Andreessen Horowitz where she counseled start-ups on their PR and Marketing efforts. She brings extensive expertise in consumer and enterprise PR but more importantly has established relationships with an extensive network in the media industry.
- Matte Scheinker was recently brought in as chief product officer to renew YouSendIt’s focus on the customer experience. Scheinker is most known for playing an integral role in helping Yahoo’s communications products including Yahoo! Messenger shoot to the No. 1 spot, globally. His team is off to a strong start in 2013 with the launch of the enterprise-grade security mobile suite allowing customers to send, store, share and sign documents from anywhere.
- Mike Trigg is YouSendIt’s new chief marketing officer. A former U.S. Senate press secretary and tech entrepreneur, Trigg also held several senior marketing and product roles at consumer and enterprise technology companies like hi5 and Epiphany. Trigg brings incredible knowledge and expertise to the team. He’s willing to take risks and be bold which is what YouSendIt needs now more than ever as Trigg and his team lead the efforts around giving the company quite a “facelift.”
- Lynne Collins was recently appointed head of HR where she’s responsible for the things nearest and dearest to Garlinghouse’s heart: culture. Having worked closely with companies like Overstock.com, the executive search firm Exceptional People and AOL, Collins has made a real impact in the tech world and beyond through her exceptional ability to build a company's image and culture from the ground up.
YouSendIt is currently conducting a search for a new Chief Technology Officer and expects to close on this very soon. Stay tuned…
For more info on YouSendIt’s management team, check out our team page here.